John Bartkowski started the Falls Bottling Company in 1934 at the age of twenty. He bottled only flavors at that time such as root beer, orange, ginger ale, etc. In 1937 he moved the plant to behind his garage. He acquired Pepsi Cola in 1939.
John acquired Grain Belt Beer in 1938. In 1948 he bought the Coca-Cola Franchise and discontinued bottling Pepsi. In the 1950’s he acquired Blatz beer and the Anheuser-Busch brands.
In 1959 he had a new 16,000 square foot building built. In 1961 he changed the name of the business from Falls Bottling Works to Coca-Cola Bottling Company of International Falls. Then two more franchises were acquired in 1961 he bought 7 Up and also Schmidt. In 1969 the Dr Pepper franchise was purchased.
James Bartkowski graduated from St John’s College in 1963 and came to work for his dad. In 1964 they acquired Miller Brewing Company brands of beer. In 1975 they added 6,000 square to the present building, thus making the building 22,000 square feet. The bottling of soda ended in 1995. Jay Bartkowski began managing the business in 2007.